Our Firm Can Help Make Your Estate Planning Goals A Reality
You work hard to care for those you love, and you want that care to continue even after you’re gone. The best way to secure your legacy and to offer your family long-term protection is through thoughtful and thorough estate planning with the help of experienced attorneys like those at Wheatley Pritchard & Associates PLLC. Our job is not to tell you what you need – you already know what’s best for your loved ones. Instead, we work with you to craft a customized plan that meets your needs and realizes your goals. We’re here to help you provide the support, guidance, and protection that you and your family deserve.
Not Sure About What Should Be Included In Your Estate Plan?
Our process begins with a planning session where we will help you identify where you are now and what you need to do to ensure that everything you own and love is protected in the event something happens to you. Our attorneys can assist you with all aspects of your estate plan, which may include:
- Drafting or updating your will
- Creating a trusts or updating documents of an existing trust
- Making sure the care of minor children or special-needs family members are accounted for in estate planning documents
- Creating financial and/or health care power of attorney designations
- Establishing advance medical directives
- Accounting for your business assets and creating a plan of succession for business ownership
By looking at what would happen under your current plan (or the New York State’s plan for you if you do not have a plan), you can identify what you would want to happen differently and then, together with your attorney’s guidance, make the decisions that are necessary to give you the peace of mind of knowing your family would be taken care of in the way you want if something happened to you.
Offering Customized Solutions For All Types Of Families
Each family is unique, and we tailor our estate planning services accordingly. Our attorneys are ready to help all types of families, including:
- Two-parent families: For those parents who are legally married or cohabitating with a partner, you need to plan for your spouse and your children.
- Single-parent families: Single parents living on their own have special needs when it comes to protecting their kids and providing for them. Whether there’s a co-parent or not, single parents should take the time to understand what could happen in an emergency.
LGBTQ+ families: Including married couples and unmarried couples who are either solidifying their relationship through proper planning or dissolving their relationship with the assistance of caring counsel.
Blended families: Blended families negotiating the challenges of creating new relationships with varying expectations.
Nonresident alien families: If you or your spouse, or both, are not U.S. citizens, you have unique child custody and gift/estate tax issues that require specific attention beyond what other couples may encounter. We can help you navigate these complexities so you can rest easy that your family would be provided for and children cared for by the guardians you choose, either in the United States or your country of origin.
Multigenerational families: Families today are rarely simple. Often, two or more generations or nonconsecutive generations live together. Grandparents, kids, grandkids and other extended family members should all be considered in these circumstances.
Learn What We Can Do For You And Those You Love
No matter what your family looks like, there is no one-size-fits-all solution. Our attorneys at Wheatley Pritchard & Associates PLLC will utilize their extensive knowledge, experience and versatility to create an estate plan to fit your unique needs and goals. To schedule an initial consultation, call our office in Long Island City at 347-815-1219 or submit an online contact form. We serve clients in New York City’s five boroughs as well as throughout Nassau, Suffolk and Westchester counties.